viernes, 19 de junio de 2015

salted caramel sauce in a jar!


Hello world! before anything I am going to introduce myself, my name is Alba but everybody  know me as Albita and I am a very proud mamma of a beautiful 5 month old baby boy and a wife!.
      I wanted to start my own food blog months ago but my occupations as a new mommy didn't let me, but here I am!. I really love to bake and cook anything that cross my mind!. I am fan of desserts and Italian cook... also I have to add that I learn to bake by reading and trying recipes, Of course I have to practicing by trial and error but it totally worth it. Now I have been writing my own recipes that I am so exited to share with you!.
     
 My first recipe is a homemade salted caramel sauce that you can eat straight of the jar (like me), on top of a big scoop of ice cream, in a warm apple pie o wherever you want!
      Who doesn't love the luscious texture of a good caramel sauce? well I have to start sharing with you guys that I am a fan! I looove to make caramel sauce, when I was a beginner in the fantastic baking world, the first sauce recipe that I tried was a basic caramel sauce but that wasn't turned out very well... it was a disaster in fact!, I ended up with a bunch of dirty sauce pans and a hard and burned caramel... totally my inexpert way of make things,and a bad recipe,but the truth is that is not too hard. I'm going to show you guys how to make this wonderful sauce foolproof with no mistakes, and of course a tasty flavor!.


     The ingredients are just 4 and very easy to get, we are going to need some heavy cream, sugar, water, and coarse sea salt!.


Ingredients:

1 cup of regular sugar.
1/4 cup of water.
1 cup of heavy cream.
A pinch of coarse sea salt.



Directions:
       
 In a heavy based sauce pan let simmer the sugar and the water for about 3 or 4 minutes.
Then add the heavy cream... this will bubble up and it will be very HOT!

Then give it a stir with a wooden spoon... add the pinch of salt and let cook for a minute. remove from the stove and let the sauce completely cool before you taste it... trust me you don't want a burned tongue.!
The last step is to ENJOY!!! :). You can put the sauce in a cute jar for a gift and personalized wherever you want. that is up to you.

2 comentarios:

  1. I wish I've seen this earlier! I used caramel to drizzle on a cake just this afternoon, but it hardened :( Just one question though: do I need to stir the sugar and water mixture in the first step, or should I just leave it to simmer?

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Po!! Yeah you could stir but not too much, let it simmer until it get the color and deepest flavor that you like :) and you let me know how it turned out

      Eliminar